In this episode, we have an amazing opportunity to talk to Dr. Jess Peatross. She is a board-certified internal medicine doctor who made the transition to naturopathic medicine.
While working in conventional medicine she noticed that many patients with chronic conditions were only getting treated for their symptoms. Nobody investigated the root causes of their conditions. This made her make the transition to natural medicine.
She shares that the transition was not easy since the naturopathic side of medicine doesn’t have a system in place where you can jump right in. You have to figure out everything as you set up your practice. However, once she made the change, she felt happier as she got to offer real help to her patients.
We explore the reasons why allopathic medicine and natural medicine have always been at odds especially in the United States and Europe. It is a historical rivalry where each side views the other suspiciously. We argue if it was all about health and wellness, they should coexist and complement each other.
Tune in to learn more about her exciting journey and transition and what she has learned by being an insider in both worlds.
Key Topics Discussed
- History of why allopathic and naturopathic medicine are always at odds (04:02)
- The goal of natural medicine is to boos or immune systems and wellness (06:34)
- Overcoming the challenges of making the transition between allopathic to naturopathic medicine (10:20)
- Opening drainage pathways and releasing toxins through the Gerson therapy (13:13)
- Taking responsibility for your health and the decisions you make (16:09)
- Understanding the place of allopathic medicine and the place of natural medicine (22:26)
“So this is a long history well steeped in kind of a bad blood between natural doctors and conventional doctors” Dr. Jess Peatross
“It's not just about health and medicine, it's about taking accountability. And about taking responsibility for your health and decisions you've made throughout your life because you didn't know better.” Dr. Jess Peatross
“This is this is a situation where we have to understand there is a place In this world, for both concepts, they're not mutually exclusive” Craig
True Detox Episodes