Welcome back to True Detox! In this episode, our guest is Tim Griswold. He’s our dear friend and colleague with a keen scientific mind.
Today he’ll tell us about the chemical processes that happen in our bodies when we digest food. Digestion is a big part of the detox process.
Our bodies are incredibly complex. If there’s something wrong that you’re doing, something toxic that’s going on, that can reflect badly on a cellular level.
Tim is very good at taking complex scientific processes and breaking them down for us to understand. Today he will talk about the first step in the process of digestion—salivation.
That whole process occurs over a couple of seconds, but any misstep or a signal fired at the wrong time can have a lasting effect on your wellbeing.
This is a special episode and we are very happy to share this with you in your detox journey.
Be sure to tune in and let’s go!
Key Topics Discussed
- Digestion and science—what’s really going on (00:14)
- What exactly happens when we see and smell food (05:10)
- Why mitochondria are crucial at sending the right signals (13:51)
- The salivation process and its importance explained (18:16)
- What is the function of saliva and why it’s essential to our health (22:51)
- Understanding that food is fuel and making good choices (27:00)
Be sure to join the True Detox private group to continue the conversation and interact with our hosts, guests, and other awesome people in the True Detox community.
Digestion is a big part of the detox process. - Craig Randall
Digestion starts in the brain. - Tim Griswold
There’s a lot of things that could go wrong if you’re not living a good lifestyle. - Tim Griswold
True Detox Episodes